[gst-devel] some tasks
wim.taymans at chello.be
Thu Nov 23 19:26:36 CET 2000
Some other tasks:
- The mime type system needs rethinking:
There is only 1 mime type (typeid) possible for a pad. The current
MPEG2 parser can handle MPEG1 and MPEG2. it should be possible to attach
more types to a pad. One solution might be to add a list of types,
one could be an hierarchical type structure like:
if a pad can handle video/mpeg, it can also handle the child types.
- attach an URI property to a GstSrc. We could then have an API like
GstElement *gst_plugin_get_src_for_uri (gchar *uri)
which will create a source element that can handle the given URI.
URIs will be: file:// dvd:// tv:// http:// ftp://...
- an API to request a default video/audio renderer.
- better autoplugging. currently only one possible path is used to connect
a source element to a sink element.
- gst-doc to automatically create plugin docs, listing the pads,
Just close your eyes, tap your heels together three times, and think to
yourself, `There's no place like home.'
-- Glynda the Good
More information about the gstreamer-devel