[gst-devel] Splitting of GStreamer

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sat Dec 15 04:09:03 CET 2001

Hi,
Ass talked about most of us want to splitt GStreamer into smaller
modules at least two (GStreamer-core and GStreamer-plugins).
Or even smaller pieces like (GStreamer-core, GStreamer-audio-plugins,
GStreamer-video-plugins etc.)

I know there are many views on how we should split, personally I favour
the two packages version. But the point is we need that splitt to happen
this weekend if we are to hope to have the build stable again for 0.3.1.

The same goes for merging head and Wrobells tree, the sooner the better.

So can Wim and Omega please just choose the solution they think will
have the widest support so Omega can do the splitt.

Christian