[gst-devel] artsd plugin buglet

Per I. Mathisen Per.Inge.Mathisen at idi.ntnu.no
Sat Dec 15 08:35:01 CET 2001

This is based on a rather cursory reading of the sources, but it seems to
me that you do not use artsc-config for establishing the path to artsc.h,
but instead hope that it lies in a kde/ directory somewhere in the
standard include paths.

In plugins/artsd/artsdsink.h line 25:

	#include <kde/artsc.h>

The only reference to artsc-config I could find in configure.ac is this,
which is curious to say the least:

	if test x$ARTSC_CONFIG = xyes; then
	  ARTS_ARTSC_CFLAGS=`artsc-config --cflags | sed 's/artsc/arts/g'`
	  ARTS_CFLAGS="$ARTS_CFLAGS $ARTS_ARTSC_CFLAGS"

Since my artsc.h wasn't in kde/ but in kde/artsc/, current cvs (logically)
didn't compile without modification. The correct behaviour IMHO is to
#include "artsc.h" and use artsc-config to give the correct include path.

I'm not on the list, so please cc: any replies.

Yours,
Per

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
 -- Albert Einstein