[gst-devel] Re: alsa and ladspa stuff

Andy Wingo apwingo at eos.ncsu.edu
Sun Oct 21 17:58:01 CEST 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Steve Baker wrote:

> alsa is looking real nice, but here is a bug reports:
> - try inserting ! stereo2mono into your test stereo pipeline.  that
> chipmonk sound has retro appeal but it might not be the desired effect
> ;-)

fixed in cvs, thanks for catching this

> - when using the pause button in gstreamer-guilaunch, it sounds like the
> output continues looping over the last buffer.

still need to take care of this

> now for ladspa - I haven't been able to get any to fail yet (except
> -inspecting the ones which have . in their names)
>
> Can you try this pipeline and tell me what happens? (uses plugins from
> plugin.org.uk)
>
> -launch foostereosrc ! stereo2mono ! int2float src%d! ladspa_flanger
> Delay_base=25.0 Max_slowdown=5.0 LFO_frequency=0.5 Feedback=0.4 \!sink%d
> float2int ! osssink

this worked! that's awesome. then i tried a bunch of other plugins and they now
work too. I don't have any clue whatsoever what was going wrong, but something
*was* going wrong, and now it's great! boy i'm pleased. now this line works with
alsasink too :-) (I got occasional popping on both osssink and alsasink, must be
the plugin). Unfortunately, you still have to have to float2int (at least for my
card) -- the alsa plug layer doesn't do the conversion for you. oh well.

best regards, and I really am happy -- things are coming together!

wingo