[gst-devel] GNOME & GStreamer v3

Nick Blievers nick.blievers at adacel.com
Tue Sep 4 16:24:03 CEST 2001

Hi,

> This is and updated todo list for GStreamer in relation to GNOME. If
> Erik and Wim thinks it is ok, I will send it to the gnome-love mailing
> list to see if we can get people to help us with some of these tasks.
> I have tried adding the issues and items which came up when discussing
> this with Bastien the last time around. Think we still don't agree on
> the capplet issue though.

<snip>

> h) cothreads cores for all GNOME plattforms. PA-RISC and MIPS are the
> two missing here, plus we need more testing of the other non-intel
> platforms we already support.
	I have access to several MIPS boxes, and would like to help porting
GStreamer to IRIX. As I understand it, all that really needs to be done
(apart from lots of testing! ;) ) is a gstirix.h needs to be created that
defines a few symbols. However, my assembly is not great, so I will need a
little help. The first question that springs to mind, is why was this done
in assembly? Surely it could be done in a more portable manner? Secondly,
can someone please explain EXACTLY what this asm code is supposed to do? I
get the general gist of it, but obviously need to be precise! Ideally a
simple test program would be beautiful....

Thanks!

Nick Blievers