[gst-devel] GNOME & GStreamer v3

Christian Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Wed Sep 5 14:27:04 CEST 2001

Hi Nick,
Erik Walthinsen our lead developer will try to implement MIPS cothreads
support in the near future (days). This means you can focus on other
areas where there is need for fixes in order for it to compile and run
under Irix.

As for why it was done in assembly, well performance issues. A C
implementation is planned, but since the performance loss is so
significant it has not been a priority.

If you have questions please come to irc.openprojects.net #gstreamer
where you can find most of the developers inclusing Erik who uses the
nick Omega.

Christian