[gst-devel] Re: Welcome to the "gstreamer-devel" mailing list

Charles Iliya Krempeaux tnt at linux.ca
Sun Apr 14 01:40:03 CEST 2002

Hello,

First... do you realize that you just e-mailed your password
to the entire mailing list???  (You should probably change
that as soon as you can.)

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 14:37, Sundaram Parthasarathy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have been given the task of investigating the structure of an
> inter-stream (MPEG2) synchronizing framework.
>
>  The streams are all MPEG-2 Video streams, which need to be delivered with
> certain time gaurantees.
>
>  Being a supporter of the open source movement, I would like to convince
> my superiors of an open source initiative at solving the problem.
>
>  I would like to know how gstreamer would be able to solve my problems. If
> you need any clarifications let me know.

What type of guarantees do you need?  Linux does NOT support hard
deadlines.  And thus Linux is NOT a real time (real world) operating
system.

But if you are talking about something else... then please
elaborate.

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux