[gst-devel] location of libgstcontrol.so

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Oct 1 01:23:03 CEST 2002

Hi Kang,

> I've just tried to install all the packages of rh72, without apt-get.
> (I have dependencies broken between rh72-base and rawhide update)
> and, ok, there's no error on rpm -V gst*
>
> but monkey-media CVS complain
> that /usr/lib/gst/libgstcontrol.so is not present.
> rpm -ql gstreamer shows me /usr/lib/libgstcontrol.so,
> not /usr/lib/gst/libgstcontrol.so, diff to other .so files.
> is there intended reason?
> or invalid package?

We realized that control ended up being a proper library, not just a
plugin, so we moved it.  monkey-media from CVS should have been adapted to
reflect that, and as far as I know, it has, because it works for me, so
please update your CVS.

As for the player, I hope to use it everyday too ! In a lot of cases, it
works, but it still locks up too much.  We hope to remedy that a little by
writing a fixed-knowledge autoplugger.

Thomas

It's not love it
just smells like it