[gst-devel] gst-editor and segmentation fault

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Thu Feb 27 15:28:19 CET 2003

Hi Markus -

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Markus Westergren wrote:

>When i add a stereosplit element to a bin in gst-editor I get a
>segmentation fault.

My suggestion is to use the "oneton" element instead of "stereosplit". I
think stereosplit is quite bitrotten. Maybe the 1-to-n element is also, but
at least it works in the editor. :)

Also, while I'm on the subject, it seems like we ought to rename the
"oneton" element to something like "deinterleave" ... then gst will have
"tee" for channel duplication, "adder" for simple channel mixing,
"mixmatrix" (does this work yet ?) for generalized mixing, and
"deinterleave" for converting one n-channel stream to n one-channel
streams. afaik an interleave element doesn't exist yet, but does anybody
need one ?

Cheers,
leif

--