[gst-devel] Wish List Plugins

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jan 6 08:36:03 CET 2003

Hey again Jeremy,

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 13:49, Jérémy SIMON wrote:
> > OK add that to my wish list ;)  And an XVid encoder.
> If I remember, BBB received a xvid encoder and decoder from someone. You
> should talk to him about that ;)

Yeah... A decoder-only, btw. I don't know, I didn't like the code. I
still have it somewhere, but the caps setting was completely broken
(fixed-size !!!), according to the person that sent it to me, it was
something inside xvid that didn't allow him to get the size of the video
or so - weird. I didn't bother too much 'cause I had other things to
do... anyway, the code is still here (never committed - just not good
enough imho). I might actually clean it up a bit later on. I've
integrated xvid inside lavrec some time ago (encoder), shouldn't be hard
to include xvid as a gst plugin either (encoder) and fix up the decoder
a bit. Since there's interest, I'll see what I can do (no, it won't be
in the release tonight ;-) ).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer