[gst-devel] change behaviour of gst-regiser

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Jul 7 15:41:03 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 22:59, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> While redoing the gst-plugins rpm I noticed that the --gst-mask=0
> parameter was gone. This cause afaik the full output of gst-register to
> be printed which in turn makes installing gstreamer rpms slow since they
> run gst-register once per plugin.

I still don't understand why applications can't run construct the
plugins database like gst-register does when starting up.
That should probably be run automatically from gst_init().

Having an app segfault just because you added a plugin by hand and
didn't run gst-register surely isn't the right way to do it.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>