[gst-devel] change behaviour of gst-regiser

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jul 7 23:23:07 CEST 2003

Hey Bastien,

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 00:40, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I still don't understand why applications can't run construct the
> plugins database like gst-register does when starting up.
> That should probably be run automatically from gst_init().
>
> Having an app segfault just because you added a plugin by hand and
> didn't run gst-register surely isn't the right way to do it.

That's what happens since 0.6.1 or so, IIRC - I committed a fix for that
in 0.6.x to make it not segfault but generate the registry instead if it
was missing. If you're still having troubles here, please let us know.
It might not do this for registry updates, which is probably the same
fix.

And yeah, I do agree. ;).

Ronald