[gst-devel] Confusion about GstEventMask structure...

Brett Kosinski brettk at frodo.dyn.gno.org
Tue Jul 15 20:21:21 CEST 2003

The GstEventMask structure claims to contain the following:

  GstEventType type;
  GstEventFlag flags;

My problem is with the flags variable.  Now, from the structure, one would
expect the values registered to the GstEventFlag type to be used.
However, this is not the case.  For example, in the vorbisfile plugin,
values from GstSeekType are used.  So, my guess is that the value of
"type" determines the type of flags which are found in the flags variable.
Is this interpretation correct?  If so, this is a bit misleading, since I
expect GstEventFlag values to be in flags, not, for example, GstSeekType
values.

Brett.