[gst-devel] gstreamer cleanup

Brian Cameron Brian.Cameron at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 14 10:34:19 CEST 2003

Gstreamer Team:

I am wondering about the MPEG license on the gstgetbits plugin in the core
gstreamer code (libs/gst/putbits/putbits.[ch]).

This MPEG license says that the code may have IP issues, so I am wondering
why the gstreamer core is shipped with this.

Will gstreamer work okay if this plugin is not included.  If so, how do
you remove it from the core?  Can it be made optional or moved somewhere
else?  It seems strange to have code in the gstreamer core that states that
there may be IP issues in this code.

Brian