[gst-devel] retrieve MP3/OGG tags?

in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jul 28 07:23:32 CEST 2003

Zitat von Laurent Sansonetti <laurent at datarescue.be>:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to retrieve embedded tags in MP3/OGG files from GStreamer
> (if possible independently of the stream type) ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Laurent

not really.
It's what I'm working on currently. It will hit cvs HEAD some (unspecified)
time in the future. It'll probably never be in the current stable series (0.6).

In the meantime it is possible to connect to notify or deep-notify callbacks
and their "metadata" and "streaminfo" subtypes or use the media-info lib
provided by gst-plugins that does exactly that.

Benjamin