[gst-devel] retrieve MP3/OGG tags?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jul 28 11:01:20 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 16:22, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
> Zitat von Laurent Sansonetti <laurent at datarescue.be>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to retrieve embedded tags in MP3/OGG files from GStreamer
> > (if possible independently of the stream type) ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,

Yes, there is.  It's media-info, it's in the GStreamer gst-plugins
tarball, but it's a copy of the code I work on in nautilus-media.  I'm
not 100% sure if it's the right API, but no one tells me otherwise, so
please give it a look and see if it fits your needs.  It supports the
nautilus properties views and audio view in nautilus, so it does work.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
See how I vigorously don't care
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/