[gst-devel] changes for 0.6.1

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Sun Mar 30 15:14:02 CEST 2003

* Wim Taymans <wim.taymans at chello.be> [20030330 17:53]:
> API/ABI compatible
>  - new element: gstshaper (*)
>  - gthread based cothread wrapper (*)
> API change (addition)
> ---------------------
>  - gst_bin_remove_many added
>  - element locked state flag + gstbin 2 line patch.
>  - default scheduler name as a #define in gstscheduler.h
> I propose to include all API additions and the changes marked with (*).

What is the GNOME policy on adding new API/ABI during a release cycle?
Apps using _new_ 0.6.1 stuff won't work with 0.6.0 libs.  Which I think
means libtool versioning adjustments are needed?  Would it be better to
keep 0.6.x as _only_ bug fix release?

Maybe this whole point is silly.  Apps might have to depend on 0.6.1+
anyway because of bug fixes that prevent the app from working with
0.6.0.  Such an annoying situation for a young API...

-dave