[gst-devel] alsa and plugin categories

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Wed Nov 12 13:30:06 CET 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Jan Schmidt wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 20:31, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Hey Leif,
> >
> > I like the reorganization, looks fine for me to commit.
>
> Is there a reason why ladspa gets its own category?

Just that there are 179 LADSPA elements, and they'd start to crowd out
the others if they were mixed in together (I'm thinking visually, in
terms of the gst-editor element tree).

> The only reason I'm not using ALSA is because it is broken.

It's been working for me (in the 0.7 branch) since April or May, when
Benjamin took it over like a hurricane. :) It Just Works on SBLive, but
if your sound hardware is evil (I have a crusty Crystal laptop card) you
might need to find an appropriate set of properties (especially
period-size).

leif

--
Leif Morgan Johnson : http://ambient.2y.net/leif/