[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dolphy gst-plugins: gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/videooverlay/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Nov 16 09:29:13 CET 2003

Hi Julien,

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 18:20, Julien MOUTTE wrote:
> So i didn't want to break your stuff with XOverlay and i couldn't use it
> for ximagesink and xvimagesink.

I implemented it for sdlvideosink and xvideosink! It's trivial to port
that, it's both xlib.

> That's why i m implementing this
> interface now and am writing a demo app to show how it works.

Well, we'll see...

One thing: the fact that I'm not online doesn't mean I don't care!
Again, please, discuss this. I developed part of this, I need all of
this, I want this perfect. I wrote sample applications for xoverlay, I
implemented it for v4l, v4l2, xvideosink, sdlvideosink. Please don't
just do something. If you want to change things (like reparenting,
creating own windows or not), fine. But don't just recreate this. That's
*exactly* why we create these interfaces: to unify all this.

I remember that I said this before, actually... :-/. AAAaah!

/me goes crazy...

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer