[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dolphy gst-plugins: gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/videooverlay/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Nov 16 10:36:23 CET 2003

Hi Julien,

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 18:52, Julien MOUTTE wrote:
> I understand all of this and you can't really tell that this wasn't
> discussed : i ve sent this interface 2 times already through the mailing
> list and i ve told you all the issues i have with XOverlay. We haven't
> moved one inch.

One or two weeks ago, we agreed on using the xoverlay interface for the
time being. I thought that was the final conclusion.

My question is: why did I spend all this time in gst-rec, sample apps,
xvideosink, sdlvideosink, v4l/v4l2, xwindowlistener, the interface
itself; why all this work if we're not gonna use it after all?

I'd have never done this if I had known this beforehand.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer