[gst-devel] Application Development Manual

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Dec 14 15:45:02 CET 2004

Hi guys,

I've checked in a first version of my largely rewritten application
development manual into CVS. The goal is easy yet hard: make it useful.
It's about halfway finished now, with some parts being useful (the first
chapters of part3 and the first two sections in part4) or even mostly
finished (e.g. part2). However, other parts of part3 and 4 need a lot of
work. Also, the appendix needs some serious work once the rest is done.
A quick glance on my final target is in manual.xml, see the commented
parts in various places.

Just for if it wasn't clear yet: I'll need some serious help to get it
finished. It misses a lot of information. It misses notes from
developers on specific issues, it misses a lot of example code, it
misses details (or has too many details) in various places, and so on.
So please: help me! Finishing this will mean we can finally point people
at the docs rather than spending half of our day answering their
questions on IRC and via email.

For those intending to work on it: one of my biggest annoyances has been
indenting and language, so let's try to keep that consistent. If you
want to change things, go ahead. For large restructurings (especially in
parts that I already touched), please ask so we can coordinate efforts.

Ronald
--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>