[gst-devel] mjpeg decoder with indexing?

Jeremy Gwinnup jgwinnup at mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil
Wed Jan 7 12:32:00 CET 2004

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I was using the 0.6 series this morning. I grabbed 0.7.3 and built the
following pipeline in my application:

filesrc -> avidemux -> ffdec_mjpeg -> "fakesink"

which worked perfectly (I'm still grabbing display information for my
GTK2 app from the fakesink buffer)

I noticed that the ffdec_mjpeg does not support the indexing features
that mpeg2dec does (time indexing, seeking). Is there plans to implement
this for the mjpeg video decoder as well (or is it even possible?)

Thanks again for the help
-Jeremy