[gst-devel] mjpeg decoder with indexing?

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Jan 7 12:43:02 CET 2004

Hi Jeremy,

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 21:30, Jeremy Gwinnup wrote:
> filesrc -> avidemux -> ffdec_mjpeg -> "fakesink"
[..]
> I noticed that the ffdec_mjpeg does not support the indexing features
> that mpeg2dec does (time indexing, seeking). Is there plans to implement
> this for the mjpeg video decoder as well (or is it even possible?)

mpeg2dec doesn't support seeking nor indexing. mpegdemux (what you're
probably aiming at, events from mpeg2dec are forwarded to mpegdemux)
does. avidemux supports AVI indexes, but not manual index creation.
That's still on the TODO list. avidemux does support seeking. If that
doesn't work, please let me know so I can fix that.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer