Status reports towards 0.8: was Re: [gst-devel] Totem, Gst-Player, libgstplay showstoppers

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Jan 27 02:51:02 CET 2004

Hi Leif,

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 06:56, Leif Johnson wrote:
> - Write at least a good draft of the Plugin Writer's Guide. Thanks to
> David's GstAudiofilter work and the make_filter script, I'm finally
> motivated to do this. :) This might also be a good excuse for me to go
> through and help out with David's all-plugins-up-to-standards project.

Before you start, please kick me so we can discuss this. I'm doing the
same thing right now, so we shouldn't work on the same chapters, that'd
be a bad thing. ;).

I've fixed up most mimetype documentation (*_types.xml) and am currently
working on the element template explanation (building_*.xml). I'm doing
things in random order, just chapter by chapter, and will fix up the
introduction, preface etc. at the end.

> - I have enough diverse hardware at this point to do some good testing
> with the ALSA elements ; I'd like to get those working well for more
> people (and so that Christian doesn't get more emails about the mixer
> not working, the next time he writes a GStreamer article).

That'd be really, really cool. Proper ALSA (mixer/output) support in
gnome-2.6 is a very good thing(tm).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer