[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] zeenix common gstreamer: common/m4/ gstreamer/po/

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 15:08:05 CEST 2004

Hello,

> > Does it handle events?  Does it have a proper clock?  Does it
> > work with seeking in gst-player and totem?  Does it automatically
> > discover the MAS device(s) using the GstPropertyProbe interface?

ds,

  I digged into esdsink to get to know how esdsink qualifies to be
'complete'. While i learnt a few thing from it but my head is filled
with questions too:

1. Should'nt esdsink wait for the expiry of the timestamps on the
received buffers before playing them in it's chain function?

2. esdsink does'nt seem to handle any event other than EOS. Why/How
would a sink element handle seek events?

3. esdsink have a 'sync' property but it's nothing more than that.

4. esdsink also does'nt implement GstPropertyProbe Interface. Maybe
because ESD does'nt have the concept of devices? Also note that the
concept of devices in mas is not like that in OSS but the same as
elements in gstreamer.

5. What do you mean by a 'proper' clock? You can make your answer to
this question quite short by answer this question in yes or no: Does
esdsink (or osssink) implement a 'proper' clock?