[gst-devel] status of AAF support in gstreamer?

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Tue Sep 28 09:53:43 CEST 2004

Le lun 27/09/2004 à 22:48, Steve Baker a écrit :

> So if someone out there in GStreamer-land was writing a video editing tool
> they should probably evaluate AAF to see if it can be their native storage
> format ;)

Well, I has a look at it and it has some awkward limitations.
E.g., in <http://www.aafassociation.org/html/specs/aafeditprotocol.pdf>
section 7.3: all audio sample rates have to be the same, for all audio
files in the project. Clearly you can't ask that to a user of a modern
video editing tool, nor can you resample on the fly all audio used in a
project (a NLE only manipulates references to media files, not the media
files themselves).

	Xav