[gst-devel] translation of gstreamer not included at all

Abel Cheung abelcheung at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 05:06:25 CET 2005

Hi,

I'd like to know if this is accidental or not: during early phase of
0.8.x development, a translation template is made available on
Translation Project [1], which I guess is the official way for handling
gstreamer translation. However, after translating it and uploaded
it to TP, I only found my translation NOT included in all subsequent
0.8.x stable releases, nor 0.10.0. A few days ago I tried to ask in
IRC and also got no answer.

Is TP really the official way of handling gstreamer translation?
If this is true, then I'd wish there is some formal discussion to
include l10n contributions efficiently, which brings benefit to
local users for various countries, and indicates translators'
effort are not spent uselessly.

Disgruntled,
Abel

[1] http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=gstreamer
--
Abel Cheung   (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1  41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF