[gst-devel] seeking on the spider plugin first

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Mon Jun 6 05:14:13 CEST 2005

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Akos Maroy wrote:
>
>>second: the setup I need (and I posted an e-mail about this to the list
>>on Monday), is approx. the following:
>>
>>filesource1 -- decoder1 ---\
>>                           |-- aggregator -- alsasink
>>filesource2 -- decoder2 ---/
>

> Then seek on each of the peers of the aggregator sink elements. It'll do
> effectively the same as seeking on the audiosink in a normal pipeline.

I managed to thoroughly reproduce my problem. please see the two sample
sources attached.

with switch.c, the element setup is like the following:

filesource1 -- decoder1 --\
                          |-- switch -- audiosink
filesource2 -- decoder2 --/

where decoder is mad, audiosink is alsasink. as you see from the output,
seeking on the src pad of each decoder works fine.

now, in switch_adder.c, the setup is a bit more complicated:

silence ---------------\
                       |-- switch1 --\
filesrc1 -- decoder1 --/             |
                                     |-- adder -- audiosink
                       |-- switch2 --/
filesrc2 -- decoder2 --/

the idea here is to play silence in each 'pack' up to some time, then
seek deoderX to an appropriate position, and play it from there. seek
here is also done on the src pad of mad, but unfortunately it doesn't
succeed...

What am I doing wrong?

Akos