[gst-devel] dv Playback crashes

Rob Hare hare.r at comcast.net
Mon May 2 02:56:12 CEST 2005

Hi all,

This my first post here and I would just like to say great job!

I am trying to playback dv files within a Kde application using threaded
pipelines but keep getting random crashes. Mpeg files work fine where
applicable. The "sink" is connected to a widget by id using an xoverlay.

*if* ( videosink && GST_IS_X_OVERLAY ( videosink ) ) {
	gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id (GST_X_OVERLAY ( videosink ), wid);
	gst_x_overlay_expose ( GST_X_OVERLAY ( videosink ) );
}

I've tried the following pipelines.
filesrc location=/path/to/file ! decodebin ! xvimagesink
filesrc location=/path/to/file ! dvdec ! xvimagesink
filesrc location=/path/to/file ! spider ! xvimagesink
They all work as expected using gst-launch. I have the pipeline
connected to an 'error' callback but no gstreamer errors are reported.
The application dies with 'killed' and sometimes 'segmentation fault'.
A gdb on a core dump usually gives a #0  0x084bb70b in ?? () but has
once given a _int_malloc () from /lib/libc.so.6.

Any ideas on what I should try or what I'm doing wrong are appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob