[gst-devel] playback skipping on gstreamer apps

John Russell jjrussell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:57:25 CET 2005

On both Rhythmbox 0.8.8 and Totem 1.2.0 using gstreamer 0.8.11 every
time a new song starts, it skips about once or twice a second.

The only way I have found to stop it is to pause the song and then
play again.  Then it works fine.  However, each new song in a list
skips when it starts so I have to pause/play for each song.

I am running Gentoo on an IBM A31p thinkpad.

This is fairly odd because I have the exact same versions of
everything at home and this does not happen.  There i have an old
creative PCI sound card.

Has anyone heard of this before?  Thanks.

John