[gst-devel] new element: rtpdemux

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Thu Nov 10 12:58:05 CET 2005

Hello all,

I've just finished my first ever gstreamer element, rtpdemux. This element
acts as a demuxer/switcher for incoming RTP streams. When the rtpdemux
notes the PT (payload type) has changed, it emits a signal. It also emits
a signal when a PT is found the first time. Based on this information,
the gst application can reconfigure the rest of the pipeline with proper
depayloader+decoders. You should be able to use rtpdemux with or without
rtpbin (or with ortp).

The rtpdemux code is currently part of farsight darcs repo:
http://projects.collabora.co.uk/darcs/farsight/gst-plugins-farsight/gst/rtpdemux/

There's also a small test program that combines rtpdemux, rtpbin and
gsm packetizers.

Comments on design, coding style, quality, etc are welcome. :) Eventually
I'd like to get this integrated to gstreamer-cvs (gst-plugins-good maybe,
along with other rtp elements).

For some background, see my earlier mails:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.gstreamer.devel/14059
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.gstreamer.devel/13940

--
  under work: Sofia-SIP at http://sofia-sip.sf.net