[gst-devel] Audio sink for Windows progress

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Thu Oct 6 03:00:00 CEST 2005

Hi,
On my side, i finally succeeded to make the 0.9 built with msvc7.1 to
work fine.
At this time, i have only tested the core with gst-launch fakesrc !
fakesink and it doesn't crash anymore :)

The crash was simply coming from a c run-time version conflict as
msvc7.1 force using msvcr71.dll instead of msvcrt.dll which is used by
all gstreamer dependancies.
Then i succeeded to force msvc7.1 to link on the old c runtime and so
the same runtime as all gstreamer dependancies.
I've already built the cvs version of libgstreamer, libgstbase,
libgstelements, gst-launch, libgstogg, libgstvorbis, libgsttheora,
libgstaudio, libgsttagedit and i planify to implement a directsound
audio sink based on the "magic" base audio renderer of the 0.9 :)

Michal, did you already convert you directsound audiosink to 0.9 ?

Best regards,
Sebastien.