[gst-devel] linking problem when compiling with msys/mingw

Alberto Botti alberto.botti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 16:30:07 CEST 2006

Il giorno lun, 14/08/2006 alle 20.05 +1000, James "Doc" Livingston ha
scritto:
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 17:24 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > Then, I have those undefined references:
> >
> >   undefined reference to `_imp__GST_CAT_CAPS'
> > or
> > undefined reference to `_imp__GST_CAT_REFCOUNTING'
>
> I got a heap of those last time I tried building GStreamer on Windows,
> and hadn't managed to solve it, although I haven't tried in a few weeks.
> I think there was discussion about official Win32 packages a while ago,
> but I'm not sure what happened there.

As a workaround: in gst/gst_private.h, at line 55, change

#define IMPORT_SYMBOL __declspec(dllimport)

into

#define IMPORT_SYMBOL

I've got gstreamer-0.10.9 to build with this hack, and it seems to work,
at least for the simple pipelines I've tried. I don't know exactly the
reason for the build failure (I'm not a Win32 expert), but "__declspec"
might not be needed for MinGW.

Note: this change might break the Visual C++ build...