[gst-devel] issue on osssink in version 0.10.0

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Jan 13 08:56:05 CET 2006

hi rong,

rong wang wrote:
> Michal
>    I got no more information than before after using
>   gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=2 filesrc
>  location=sine.wav ! wavparse !
>  audioconvert ! osssink
>

>    here is the result:
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> FREEING pipeline ...
>
> Any other way to do the debug work...
>
> Thanks
>
> Rong

Please tell us, how you generated the 'sine.wav' file.  Have you
generated it with anapplication?
What does the command 'file sine.wav' tells you? It sould say something like
  ./sine.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16
bit, stereo 44100 Hz

If you just want to test osssink you can also use
  gst-launch-0.10 audiotestsrc wave=0 freq=1000 ! audioconvert ! osssink

Stefan