[gst-devel] issue on osssink in version 0.10.0

rong wang rhong_wang at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 10:33:09 CET 2006

here is the result

First, if I run followig:
gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=2 filesrc
location=sine.wav ! wavparse ! filesink
location=output

It gave me same problem as before, output file size is
0

Second, if I run file sine.wav
I got result:
sine.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio,
Microsoft PCM, 8 bit, mono 22050 Hz  (I didn't
generate it, it is used for testing by my co-worker,
he just gave me)

Third: if I did following:
[root at Linux /root]#gst-launch audiotestsrc ! osssink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: audioclock0

It works fine and well.

I think that problem is the negotiation between
filesrc and other
elements.

I also tried following:

[root at Linux /root]#gst-launch filesrc
location=sine.wav ! filesink location=outp
ut
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Could not
read from resource.
Additional debug info:
gstfilesrc.c(778): gst_file_src_create_read:
/pipeline0/filesrc0:
unexpected end of file.
[Invalid UTF-8] Execution ended after
<\xf8\xff\xbe|\xf1\x05Setting pipeline to
PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ..

The file copy is not complete. Two file sizes are not
the same.
Could you just give me more hint? I am totally lost
here.

Rong