[gst-devel] gst-plugin-good-0.10.2 port to arm platform, but it not can been found. Why?

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Tue Mar 14 06:37:08 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 22:14 +0800, zs p wrote:
> I'm porting gstreamer to arm platform. The arm target can run
> normally(find all plugins in gst-plugin-base-0.10.3 ). But after I
> cross-compile and install gst-plugin-good-0.10.2, target system can
> still find only plugins in gst-plugin-base-0.10.3, What does the
> matter?
> I greatly appreciate your help.

It's very difficult to guess what the problem might be, but here are
some tips for hunting this stuff down:
 - make sure you've installed things to the right location, somewhere in
the plugin search path. Alternatively, set GST_PLUGIN_PATH to include
the paths you want to search.
 - if it still won't load, GST_DEBUG is your friend. I generally just do
a gst-inspect with GST_DEBUG=5 for this sort of thing, though I'm sure
you can narrow it down to fewer categories if that's too verbose.
 - if you have GST_DEBUG disabled (quite possibly on an embedded
target), you probably want to try running it in gdb, and setting
breakpoints on various error paths, then printing out the details of the
error(s) directly from gdb.

Mike