[gst-devel] starting and stopping part of a pipeline

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Mon Mar 20 04:28:02 CET 2006

Hi Jeroen,

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 17:45 +0100, Jeroen Vreeken wrote:
> I have been working for a while on an application for receiving and
> decoding amateur satellite data using gstreamer

Neat!

> osssrc --> tee --> codec --> tcp
>                       \\--> mux --> filesink (raw data)
>                        \--> decoding --> filesink (decoded data)
>
> Basicly what I want is to have the top line running at all times and be
> able to stop the second and third line in order to set new filenames
> (and save cpu while no satellite passes).

The codec is to encode then? Are you teeing out after it then, and thus
saving lossy data via the decoding arm of the pipeline?

In any case what I think you want is to keep everything in the pipeline,
and just relink the tee connections to the muxer and decoder (why not a
direct raw sink?). You want to do a gst_pad_set_blocked while doing the
link, and I think you'll have to push out a newsegment event on the
sinks as well -- not sure. But yes, it is possible.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/