[gst-devel] starting and stopping part of a pipeline

Tomas Groth tomasgroth at yahoo.dk
Mon Mar 20 05:05:09 CET 2006

hi,

> Hi Jeroen,
>
> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 17:45 +0100, Jeroen Vreeken wrote:
> > I have been working for a while on an application for receiving and
> > decoding amateur satellite data using gstreamer
>
> Neat!
>
> > osssrc --> tee --> codec --> tcp
> >                       \\--> mux --> filesink (raw data)
> >                        \--> decoding --> filesink (decoded data)
> >
> > Basicly what I want is to have the top line running at all times and be
> > able to stop the second and third line in order to set new filenames
> > (and save cpu while no satellite passes).

I have a similar problem too the one mentioned, but a bit different:

src->decodebin->audioconvert->audioresample-\
src->decodebin->audioconvert->audioresample-*->adder->osssink
src->decodebin->audioconvert->audioresample-/

the "-*->" arrow symbolizes that there lines are all linked to the adder. The
problem is that i want to add more audiosources dynamicly, after the playing
has started.

> In any case what I think you want is to keep everything in the pipeline,
> and just relink the tee connections to the muxer and decoder (why not a
> direct raw sink?). You want to do a gst_pad_set_blocked while doing the
> link, and I think you'll have to push out a newsegment event on the
> sinks as well -- not sure. But yes, it is possible.

Does this mean i should block the adder src-pad, or should i block all the
audioresample-sink-pads?

cheers,

Tomas