[gst-devel] Using gst-launch to convert between video formats on the command line?

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Mon Oct 2 06:17:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've got some video files in the matroska format that I would like to
repack into the avi format. The codecs used in the file are Xvid and and
AAC, and I'd like to simply reuse the audio and video bitstreams in the
new file (I don't want to do any transcoding). So far, I've figured out
how to take the video stream and put it into the avi, like so:

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="in.mkv" ! matroskademux ! avimux ! filesink location=out.avi

But the audio channel gets lost. What am I missing?

thanks,
mike

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>