[gst-devel] Filtering with catch-all mime type video/*?

Ville Syrjälä syrjala at sci.fi
Tue Oct 3 20:39:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a capsfilter element to my pipeline. I'd like the
element to limit the caps as little as possible (eg. just width and
height for video). I see the plugin writers guide mentions video/* and
audio/* types, but if I use them the caps go empty. If I use
video/x-raw-yuv things work but then I've already limited the incoming
format unnecessarily. Are these catch-all video/* and audio/* types
supposed to work here or do I have to explicitly list all video formats
that could pass through the element?

--
Ville Syrjälä
syrjala at sci.fi