[gst-devel] Filtering with catch-all mime type video/*?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 00:39:26 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 10/3/06, Ville Syrjälä <syrjala at sci.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to insert a capsfilter element to my pipeline. I'd like the
> element to limit the caps as little as possible (eg. just width and
> height for video). I see the plugin writers guide mentions video/* and
> audio/* types, but if I use them the caps go empty. If I use
> video/x-raw-yuv things work but then I've already limited the incoming
> format unnecessarily. Are these catch-all video/* and audio/* types
> supposed to work here or do I have to explicitly list all video formats
> that could pass through the element?

Just a side note.  Ogg Theora videos have the MIME type: application/ogg

It would be nice if it was: video/ogg  But that is NOT registered.  Nor have
I heard any plans to register it (or even encourage people to use it without
registering it).  (Although alot of people would prefer it.)

So video/* would NOT get all video data formats.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

    charles @ reptile.ca