[gst-devel] HTTP source plugin

David SIORPAES david.siorpaes at st.com
Tue Sep 19 17:00:03 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am using gstreamer in an embedded environment with quite limited
resources and I need to use gstreamer-0.8.12 for compatibility reasons
with some  applications.

I need to instantiate a gst element that acts as a HTTP source but it
looks like the only one that can do the job is the gnomevfssrc element.
I would not like to bloat my system with all the gnome libraries this
plugin depends on so I am trying to sort out an alternative.

Old fashioned glib-based gsthttpsrc element is not there anymore,
whereas the neon-based plugin "gstneonhttp" is only available in 0.10
"bad" plugins package.

Is there any other solution I can look for before backporting the
neon-based element to 0.8 ? any other hint ?

Thanks & regards,

David Siorpaes