[gst-devel] Demuxing H.264

Daniel Díaz mrchapp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:01:48 CEST 2007

Hello!

With some help from the IRC channel, I managed to get my MPEG-4
decoder to work with a demuxer. That is, "filesrc ! qtdemux !
mympeg4dec ! mysink" now works correctly, thanks to the codec_data
being prepended to the first buffer.

However, that's not helping much with H.264 and am having a hard time
with it. The problem is that my decoder chokes with the raw data. I
digged into gstffmpeg's H.264 decoder and the codec_data seems to be
information about NAL Units.

Is there any way to decode this information without #including and
linking against libavcodec?

I noticed this was discussed in this mailing list a couple of days
ago, but couldn't find the final resolution.

Thanks for any pointers. Greetings!

Daniel Díaz
yosoy at danieldiaz.org