[gst-devel] Lockup issues with pygst, pygtk, and playing streams

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 11:13:29 CET 2007

Hi,

   It's hard to know what your problem really is without seeing any code.

   Otherwise, you should make sure that you initialize thread support
in gobject before importing gst:

   import gobject
   gobject.threads_init()
   import pygst
   pygst.require('0.10')
   import gst

     Edward

On 2/10/07, Adam Olsen <arolsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble with this if for some reason gstreamer cannot contact the
> stream in question.  It usually blocks the entire app (even the gtk+ main
> event thread), even if I issue the "playbin.set_state(gst.STATE_PLAYING )"
> in a separate thread.
>
> Any information on this issue would be a great help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/