[gst-devel] BUG: no default clock-rate in rtph263[p](pay|depay)

Antoine Pitrou antoine.pitrou at wengo.com
Tue Jan 23 14:54:54 CET 2007

Le mardi 23 janvier 2007 à 12:28 +0100, Wim Taymans a écrit :
> The real problem is that no caps negotiation is happening. A plugin is
> free to refuse any buffers when they have no type information. If you
> are using UDP to feed the payloaders, set the "caps" property on udpsrc
> with the info from the SDP (or similar).

That's what I'm doing :) But since those caps are ignored anyway (and
90000 forced as a clock rate value), it would be logical for the default
values to be set at initialization rather than at caps setting.

For example, the following code doesn't use the provided caps at all
(gstrtph263pay.c, lines 263-272):

static gboolean
gst_rtp_h263_pay_setcaps (GstBaseRTPPayload * payload, GstCaps * caps)
{
  payload->pt = GST_RTP_PAYLOAD_H263;
  gst_basertppayload_set_options (payload, "video", TRUE, "H263",
90000);
  gst_basertppayload_set_outcaps (payload, NULL);

  return TRUE;
}

Regards

Antoine.