[gst-devel] GstBaseTransform: how to negotiation if writing filter based on GstBaseTransform.

zhangfei gao gaozhangfei at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jan 24 13:30:03 CET 2007

hi,

  I wrote a filter based on GstBaseTransform, it could not linked in the pipeline.
I want to support specified caps, incaps is specified in sink_factory, and outcpas is described in src_factory.
  Then register them in "base_init" function

  gst_element_class_add_pad_template (element_class, gst_static_pad_template_get(&src_factory));
gst_element_class_add_pad_template (element_class, gst_static_pad_template_get (&sink_factory));

  In "transform", I even do nothing, just output what input
  outbuf = inbuf;

  when I use "gst-launch filesrc location=instream ! filter ! filesink location=out"
system print

  ERROR (0x19258 - 0:00:01.004559000)         GST_PIPELINE( 1015) ./grammar.y(533):gst_parse_perform_link: could not link amrnbdec0 to filesink0
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link amrnbdec0 to filesink0

  Is there any trickiness, how to register supported caps to system for negotiating?

if based on GstElement, this will enough.
  Is transform_caps is the place to register the cpas to system?

  Thanks in advance!