[gst-devel] reading IP video cameras

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Tue Jun 5 15:29:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering if gstreamer has the capability to read images / a video
stream from an IP-based video camera, such as this one:
http://panasonic.biz/netsys/netwkcam/lineup/hcm511.html

this camera provides MPEG-4 streams using RTP over HTTP、Multicast RTP、
Unicast RTP

Does gstreamer have components that could read this stream, and extract
the images from it? My ultimate goal is to display the stream in an
OpenGL application, with superimposing 3D stuff unto the live image.

And ideally this would need to work on Linux, MacOS X and Windows as well..

Any help is appreciated,

Akos