[gst-devel] multiplexing audio and video

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Tue Nov 20 11:21:12 CET 2007

Hi Antonio,

	matroska muxer uses so called push mode on src pad and hevily utilizes
seeking in the output stream. On the other hand, matroskademux activates
the sink pad in pull mode (which much simplified means that it wants to
seek in the input stream). To sum things up, these two elements are
incompatible and can not be joined without changes in both of them.

	You can either try other muxer/demuxer, perhaps more oriented towards
streaming media such as ogg, mpeg-ts or asf (but I am not sure if you
find one that both does what you need and supports raw streams) or
enhance matroska.

	Michal