[gst-devel] RE : Video not smooth using H264 and RTP

Jayarama Sundar Santana sundarsantana at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:26:12 CET 2007

Hi!

Yes, we're using RTP to trasmit and receive, but our internal netwoek is
pretty fast (full duplex, etc. etc. ) so I don't believe latency is s
problem. Moreover the machines are pretty fast (Xeon Desktops and Core-2 duo
2GHz laptops....). Also, the video I am transmitting is quite small (QCIF
and CIF).

>From my analysis, it seems that the packets are reaching correctly and with
the proper timestamps.... In the desktop and laptop, there are some
"hangs",but overall it's satisfactory, but when I use a mobile devide
(N800), using the same version of gstreamer, etc.  the video quality is very
poor, with many frame drops, hangs, etc.

BR,
Santana