[gst-devel] timestamp and gstrtph264pay.c

arnabsamanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Dec 2 11:19:38 CET 2008

 Hi ,
	I Am using the rtph264pay plugin in gst-plugins-good-0.10.11.
	I am unable to understand the timestamp logic in it.

	to my understandings and observations,
		we are extracting the timestamp value from the incoming buffer in "
gst_rtp_h264_pay_handle_buffer" function
		and this value is passed to the "gst_rtp_h264_pay_payload_nal" function as
an argument and further assigned to 		the outgoing buffer pointer "outbuf".

		before doing the " gst_basertppayload_push " of the  "outbuf " , we are
calling "gst_rtp_buffer_get_payload " 		defined in the gst-plugins-base
gstrtpbuffer.c .

		when i printed the value of the timestamp of the incoming buffer , it was
found to be -1.

		Any where in the code flow , am unable to track the portion where the
timestamp change is done.

	Can anybody kindly help me to point out the part i might have overlooked ?
	and thanks for spending your valuable time to read this long mail .

 Regards,
	~Arnab

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.